Bitcoin is …
…Evil (Paul Krugman)
…a Joke (Business Insider)
…a Mirage (Warren Buffett)
…a Ponzi scheme (ZDNet)
…a Technological Tour de Force (Bill Gates)
…a Financial Revolution (Reuters)
Whatever Bitcoin may be; most people do not yet understand what this controversial and influential innovation is about and how it works. This documentary answers these questions.
Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It traces the history of money from the ancient world to the modern trading floors of Wall St. The documentary exposes the practices of central banks and other financial actors who brought the world to its knees in the last crisis. It highlights Government influence on the money creation process and how it causes inflation. Moreover, this film explains how most money we use today is created out of thin air by commercial banks when they make loans. Epic in scope, this film examines the patterns of technological innovation and questions everything you thought you knew about money. Is Bitcoin an alternative to national currencies backed by debt? Will Bitcoin and crypto-currencies spark a revolution in how we use money peer to peer?Or is it simply a new toolfor criminals and the next bubble waiting to burst? If you trust in your money just as it is, this film has news for you.
– Runtime: 60minutes
– Reached 170% of Kickstarter crowdfunding in July 2014
– Produced on three continents and completed in May 2015
– First-Time filmmaker Torsten Hoffmann, Co-directed by multiple EMMY award-winner Michael Watchulonis
– Core Audience: Bitcoin enthusiasts, Young professionals in the technology/software/finance industries and Libertarians. They are predominantly male and aged 20-40.
– Our trailer attracted 10,000+ views in 3 days on YouTube. 100,000+ views of our uncut interviews
– Views came from USA 33%, UK 7%, Germany 6%, Canada 6%, Australia 4%, Brazil 4%, NL 3%, Scand4%
– Big Fanbase and traction on other social media (Several top posts on Reddit’sBitcoin group w/165,000 users)
– Winner of the 2015 VAN GOGH Prize, Special Jury award at the Amsterdam Film Festival
– Won ‘Best International Documentary’ and ‘Best Libertarian Theme’ at Freedom Fest’s Anthem Film Festival.
– Australian Production Company
Download available Resources.